Thursday, March 4, 2010

FORGOTTEN?

I can not stop my self to write this real story or feeling right after it happened. Before I start the story, I must tell something related. May be because of that it inspired me to see the whole situation differently.

Today is Thursday, the day started with busy schedule. In the morning we had IS. After that we had 'Fundamentals of hospitality hosting'. We got our term one assignment, where we have to go out and survey and evaluate about hospitality. We had learned how one should not be only task oriented, we should be people oriented and the warmth, care, responsibility etc. etc. should be there. After learning this subject, I stared to observe people in shops, restaurants and other places.

Today after school I went to 'Regional library of Jurong east' to find out a post dated newspaper. And I found it, had to take a photo copy of a particular page. So I asked the librarian , she guided me where the photo copy mashing was.So I went there and asked the middle aged lady sitting behind the desk. She told me in broken English that I had to pay 10 c, I said 'Ok'. Because I did not have pay card so she asked me to wait for another lady who issues pay card. I asked her whether she could accept case or not. She said lot of things but only thing I understood that she could not. I repeated my question again. Then she stand up and asked a boy who had finished photocopy. But the boy did not even stop and listen. He just said that he was in hurry. Now the lady told me that for the whole page she will charge 40c. I said 'Ok'. She did photocopy for me and and I gave her the money.You are thinking, what is the unusual thing happens that I wished to write this page. The climax has to come yet.

All the time the lady did not show me any concern or warmth or people orient. She was just job oriented.

After I had giving money I thanked her and said, ' You are so kind,God bless you'. Then I moved one step only , suddenly hard a thin voice from behind, 'Thank you'. I looked back her , I saw that she was smiling and watching me with her corner of eyes. I saw that she was smiling from her heart. I felt some thing divine, though I do not believe in GOD. May be this pure feeling is God.

Then I thought how one sentence can change the situation. May be next time the lady will be more people orient. When you show warmth, in return you will get warmth and love.

Is not a beautiful feeling? May be lots of us gone through this kind of feeling . But in busy life, we forget. It is the time to refresh our feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment